Airport Mania: First Flight
Pack your bags and catch a flight to fun with this action-packed strategy game!
Pack your bags and take off for fun with Airport Mania! Land planes, unload, and return to the skies in 8 amusing airports. Avoid delays, keep your planes in good repair, and get to the gate on time to keep things running smoothly.
The full version of Airport Mania First Flight features:
# 84 levels
# 8 airports
# Lots of upgrades
Reserve your ticket to high-flying excitement when you play today!If you like planes, airports, and specially air traffic control, this is the game for you! Everything in Airport Mania is about those things. In this game you will become an air traffic controller who has to keep the traffic ordered and safe. Of course, you will have to take a course in the Attend Air Traffic Controller academy first, in order to get your certification and be able to start working. This is the tutorial of the game. You can skip this tutorial and start playing right away. If you need some help, you’ll be seeing in-game tips and you can also access to the card-style help of the application.
The basic idea of the game is to keep the airport running and planes happy. Of course, it’s a game and it’s a metaphorical expression. Anyways, you have to keep an eye on the little bars above the planes heads which indicates that “happiness” level. To succeed in those tasks you have to make the planes land on time assigning them a runway available, then you have to give them a gate to download and load passengers and luggage, then you have to assign them a runway to take off. But that’s not all, sometimes the planes need repair or refuel, or even need to wait a while for a free gate.
Let’s see some details about these tasks:
The planes come flying and you have to select a plane to land it by clicking on it. Once you've selected a plane, click on the runway to make it land. Next, you have to unload the plane, so select the plane, and then click on the gate to unload. After it’s unloaded you’ll be able to select the plane again. When the plane finishes unloading will load passengers. You can select a plane while it is loading. When your plane is ready to take off, select the plane and then click on the runway. You don’t have to wait for a plane to land before clicking on a gate. If you match the color of the plane to the color of the gate you receive a combo bonus. Landing two planes, one after another, on the same runway will create a combo that scores big points.
Waiting planes are happier when they are parked, than they are waiting on the runway. Layover spaces will help you control the traffic at the airport while also keeping planes happy. If you see smoke coming out of a plane, that’s a sure sign that it needs repair. Other planes may need refueled also. To get a plane repaired, click on the smoking plane and then click on the garage. Likewise, to get a plane refueled, click on the plane and then click on the gas station.
When you first enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Change player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option leads you to a submenu with these options:
* Play the tutorial: you start a course to learn how to play the game.
* Skip the tutorial: you start playing at once.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, full screen, show tips, and troubleshooting.
- Credits and Quit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• Windows 2000; Windows XP; Windows Vista
• Graphics Card 16mb Video Card
• DirectX Version DirectX 7.0
• Processor Speed (MHz) 1,000
• HD Space (GB)
• RAM (MB) 256
- Easy to learn how to play the game using the help and the tutorial
- Affordable price
- Nice interface
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network not supported